la fille qui a peur (Chicken)

You've never seen me before
Because I've been hiding behind my bedroom door
Writing and listening and working and wishing
Full of dreams and ambition
But just way too chicken
To share what's in my lungs and in my heart and on my mind
Too scared to try
Then I woke up and now I'm thirty-five
Living but not fully alive
What have I been waiting for?
Hiding there behind my bedroom door
Hiding like the servant with only one bag of gold
Afraid to use it and lose it and displease the lord
Well I once was lost and I once was scared
But now I feel the melody that's in the air
And I'm ready to both flounder and flourish
Both are necessary to properly nourish
I have songs to sing and tales to be told
Here I am, world, at thirty-five years old...

(le 11 janvier 2010)

Aucun commentaire: